My family and I enjoy the food that is served at the restaurant. I like the look and feel of when you step into the room. I can tell that it's a trustworthy restaurant to be in, sanitation wise.
But almost every time we go to your restaurant, we encounter some kind of problem. We have bad experiences with the staff. There was one time where we was seated and it took almost half an hour to 45 minutes to get our food out. We knew for a fact that we ordered before any of the people around us, who came after us. We asked to talk to a manager and when she came out, her excuse was that the staff changes all the time. I believe that wasn't a good enough reason to why our food took long to come. Let me state that when we did get the food to our table, it was cold and it didn't live up to what we expected from a restaurant like chili's.
Another time we went to your restaurant in waikele, our waiter came to our table and told us that we couldn't order anything fried because the fryer wasn't working. The people around us wasn't so happy about it either. We was still able to eat but I believe that your restaurant should make sure their main equipments are working properly. In this case, especially if many of the items on the menu are required to be fried.
My family and I stopped going to chili's for years because of the bad experiences we had faced in the past. Earlier this year we had decided to try eating there again. Our waiter was very nice and she wasn't hesitant to play around with my little brothers. But, it took a while to get our food out and it was cold. This added another bad experience at chili's.
Once again, We enjoy the food served at chili's but it ruins it all if it's cold plus waiting a long time to actually get it. I understand it could be busy that night but this has happened more than just one time. In fact it happened almost every time we went to your restaurant. One suggestion I would give to you is to have more expectations when hiring the staff. A good staff will bring forth a good restaurant.
Sincerely,
Tatiana Guzman
Hey Tati! (:
ReplyDeleteI really like your ideas and I like how you supported your statements and how you explained your experiences. At the end of your second, third, and fourth paragraphs.. (since they're all cons), try telling how you felt (mad, irritated, etc.) to depict the emotion. I like how you kept the pros and cons separate.. That helps the reader to better understand your essay. You started off the letter pretty good but try adding in more about what you like about the restaurant or you could talk about why the look and the feel makes chili's seem inviting. And also explain what you saw- why it seemed sanitary.. were there no dirt on the floors (lol, idk.. anything), so yeah, explain that a little more to make a stronger intro. I like how in the ending you gave out some suggestions. You could also add in more detail about how they should keep their equipment in order and at least have a replacement just in case. But other than that, watch your 'was' and 'were' then you'll be good to go! (:
-Mel
Tati,
ReplyDeleteSo one grammatical error I saw in your letter was in paragraph 3 sentence 3 where you say "We was", i think it should me, "We were"..
Another thing I think you should change it how you mentioned that you enjoy the food at chili's but then again in the 4th paragraph you say you haven't gone there in years.. you should change the intro to better explain what you mean by how you enjoy the food or "enjoyed" the food back when you still went to chili's frequently.
On the last sentence of the 4th paragraph, you should change that sentence from, "This added another bad experience at chili's.", to maybe "This added to another example of the bad experience I've had at chili's", to make it flow better with what you are trying to say.
I like that last sentence you added onto your conclusions although through the beginning of that paragraph, it could need a little bit more help. You can maybe strengthen those few sentences by adding in how you have no problem with the food being served although what can be improved in your restaurant is the service. Also, in your first sentence of the conclusion, you say "it ruins it all", instead, you should say "it ruins our appetites" & instead of say "plus", you can say "and also".
Overall, this is a good letter! :)
<3 Angelica
Hi Tati,
ReplyDeletePretty good job on the letter. The agreement error cited by your teammates should be corrected. Also, be consistent in your capitalization of the restaurant name.
I think what is needed as far as content, are the dates. Without dates, it will be very difficult to get results with your complaint. You also need to specify the food your ordered...and describe how cold it was. Specify, too, the fried food you wanted to order but couldn't. Specific information and evidence is critical to the success of the angry letter.
mrs s