Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Writing standards portfolio-Parent conference

  1. What piece of writing did you like best in my portfolio and why? 
  2. What did you like about my portfolio and sharing and what would you like to see me improve on?
  3. Which of the writing traits (ideas, organization, voice, word choice) do you feel was most successful for me?
  4. Which of the traits of writing would you like me to improve on in the coming semester?

2 comments:

  1. #1 I liked tati's Roots& Recipes essay the most. I enjoy this the most because I was their when she was learning how to make lumpia. It brought back memories from when i was a kid, watching my mom (tati's grandma).
    #2.What i liked was that It looked very professional. I think you can improve on adding graphics for a better visual for your reader.
    #3.I think you were successful in "ideas". In your "5 senses of summer" essay, you took your reader to a place where that person can relate to how you were feeling even though the person doesn't play guitar. Anybody can read that piece and relate it to something that makes them feel that same way.
    #4. I think you could do better in "word choice" next semester. I feel that you don't really need to use such big words to get your point across.You want the person whos reading to know YOUR character....who YOU are, in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Thank you for your time,

    Orlando Guzman (Mohs class of 1986)
    Tati's daddy

    ReplyDelete