Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Project Icarus: Journal #4


Before I even chose my topic for this project, I knew I wanted to create a video as a way of showing my audience what it is that I was learning. As paddling came into the picture, I knew I wanted to capture my coach and his thoughts on paddling. Nothing is more personal in a sport, than the words of someone who has been involved in it for almost their whole life. 
I had to set up an appointment with Coach Kevin so I could video tape his thoughts and answers to my questions. I had a difficult time during the interview because I used a camera that required me to have it hooked up to a laptop at the same time. Lighting was a problem at first but I just had to change the angle of my camera then I was good to go! 
My impact activity is basically showing the video I created and then letting the class participate in a imaginary paddling session. I will bring six paddles to class, sit six students(teacher if she’s interested) in a row of chairs, and teach them how they would look like if they were to paddle. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tati,
    I'm looking forward to your presentation...it sounds like a great mix of sharing information (through the video) and hands on learning (through the demonstration/participation).
    Great job!
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete